AcuRite 01012M Overview
The Acurite 01012M is best suited for someone who wants a fully featured personal weather station that can publish weather data to the internet, with the ability add additional sensors or displays down the road. The Acurite 01012M is one of our top rated personal weather stations. This model has 8 different weather sensors that will fit the needs of most people. It can publish weather data to the cloud, interfaces with IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, and Google Home. You can publish your weather data to Weather Underground or the MyAcurite website, and using IFTTT you can have your personal weather station integrate with your smart home. The data is collected via the AcuRite Access hardware which is included with this model. The LCD display is just over 8âx6.5â and is larger than it looks in the picture, itâs bright and easy to read. Where this model stands out is its ability to expand, you can add up to 7 extra sensors and as many displays as you want. This model is not rated for Marine Environments, if thatâs something youâre looking for try the Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue. Models comparable to the AcuRite 01012M include the Ambient Weather WS-2902, AcuRite 01014M, and the Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue.
AcuRite 01012M Features
- Connectivity: Uses a 433 MHz RF transmitter that can transmit signals up to 330 Feet For Open Conditions 100 Feet Under Most Conditions.
- Sensors: Features 8 different sensors that measure: Outdoor Temperature, Indoor Temperature, Outdoor Humidity, Indoor Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Barometric Pressure, and Rainfall.
- Display: Features a LCD Color Theme Display display that can display sensor readings in Farenheight and Celcius. Display is updated every 36 Seconds and offers Temperature, Humidity, Wind, and Rain alerts. Display measures 8.2" x6.7" x 2.7".
- Forecast: Display features a graphic 24 hour forecast.
- Storm Alert: Has storm alert functionality.
- Internet Publishing: Can publish weather data to the internet every 5 minutes Acurite Access. It can publish to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud, and My AcuRite.
- IFTTT Compatible: Can be integrated with IFTTT and your smart home.
- Home Assisstants: Can be connected to Amazon Alexa devices and Google Home Assisstant.
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Outdoor Sensor Array
The Outdoor Sensor Array has 5 sensors that measure outdoor temperature, outdoor humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and rainfall. The outdoor sensor array uses a 433 MHz RF transmitter to send data to the Acurite Access every 36 seconds. The unit measures 10.8" x5.6" x13.8", weighs approximately 6 pounds, and is mounted on a 1" to 2" inch pole
(not included). The sensor array is powered by a solar panel during the day and 4 AA Battieries at night. Lithium batteries are recommended, and have an expected lifespan of about 1-2 years.
|Outdoor Temperature||-40Â° to 158Â° F||1Â°||+/- 2Â°F|
|Outdoor Humidity||1 to 99%||1%||+/- 5%|
|Wind Speed||0 to 99 mph||1 mph||+/- 5 mph|
|Wind Direction||0 to 360Â°||22.5Â°||+/- 11.5Â°|
|Rainfall||0 to 100 in.||0.01 in.||+/- 0.5 in.|
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Indoor Sensors
The AcuRite 01012M Weather Station has 3 indoor sensors that measure barometric pressure indoor temperature and humidity. The indoor sensors are a seperate sensor that requires 2 AA Battieries. The indoor sensor readings are updated every 60 seconds. You can add up to 7 additional sensors to this model.
|Barometer||10 to 33 inHg||0.01 inHg||+/- 0.1 inHg|
|Indoor Temperature||32Â° to 122Â° F||1Â°F||+/- 2Â°F|
|Indoor Humidity||1 to 99%||1%||+/- 5%|
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Internet Publishing & Digital Assisstants
The AcuRite 01012M WiFi Weather Station can be set up to publish weather data to the internet. Data is sent from the sensor array via a 433 MHz RF transmitter every 36 seconds to the Acurite Access, and is uploaded to the internet every 5 minutes. You can publish your weather data to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud, and My AcuRite. This model also has IFTTT integration, allowing you to set up triggers to make other events happen or to connect to your smart home. You can connect the AcuRite 01012M to an Amazon Alexa or Google Home Assisstant digital assisstant. This model cannot publish weather data to PWSWeather and WILL NOT connect to most Rachio sprinkler systems, for a list of which models can connect see our Rachio sprinkler system page.
AcuRite 01012M Amazon Alexa and Google Home Videos
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Display
This model comes with one LCD Color Theme Display display screen that displays weather data in from the sensor array in Farenheight and Celcius. The display is not used to gather data from the outdoor sensors. The display frame is 8.2" x6.7" x 2.7" and the viewable screen is 5.0" x 4.5". It can be mounted on a wall, or it can sit on a desktop. It uses AC power, or 6 AA Battieries, lithium batteries are reccomended. Additional displays can be purchased from from Amazon.com for $68.
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Additional Sensors and Upgrades
- AcuRite add-on temperature/humidity sensor ($15).
- AcuRite 06045M add-on Lightning/Temperature/Humidity Sensor ($20).
- AcuRite add-on color LCD display ($68).
- AcuRite solar collector upgrade ($35).
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Advantages and Disadvantages
ADVANTAGES: This model uses the AcuRite 06014 as itâs remote sensor array. Itâs been in service for years and is both accurate and dependable. Itâs 8 different weather sensors are going to provide the information that everyone except a weather geek is going to need. As long as your location doesnât present any distance/interference issues internet publishing should be a painless one time set it and forget it operation. You can send your data to Weather Underground or the MyAcurite Website, which was actually better than we expected. Where this model stands above the is itâs expandability, you can easily add additional sensors or displays, something thatâs a bit more challenging with the Ambient Weather model.
DISADVANTAGES: Data collection for this model is done via the (09155M) hardware which can communicate 300â in the open or 100â under most conditions. The 09155 needs to be hardwired into your internet modem/router it canât communicate via WiFi, if this isnât close enough to where youâre going to mount your weather station you are going to have connection issues. Our second biggest complaint about this model is it takes a total of 15 batteries! Lithium batteries arenât cheap, this will add another $20 to the price.
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Comparison Table
|NUMBER OF SENSORS||10||8||8||8|
|MODEL NUMBER||AMBIENT WEATHER WS-2902||ACURITE 01012M||ACURITE 01014M||DAVIS INSTRUMENTS 6250|
|TRANSMITTER||915 MHz RF||RF||RF||RF|
|SENSORS UPDATE INTERVAL||16 Seconds||36 Seconds||36 Seconds||2.5 seconds|
|WEIGHT||4.4 pounds||6 pounds||6 pounds||6 pounds|
|MOUNTING||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)|
|DISPLAY TYPE||LCD Color Film||LCD Display|
|DISPLAY FRAME SIZE||7.50 x 4.50 x 0.75||8.2""x6.7""x 2.7""||-||8.0""x8.0""x8.0|
|DISPLAY LCD SIZE||6.75"" x 3.0""||5.0"" x 4.5""||-||4.13: x 3.0""|
|COLLECTS WEATHER DATA|
|BATTERY POWER||3 AA Battieries||6 AA Battieries||-||3 C Batteries|
|PUBLISHES TO INTERNET|
|PUBLISH INTERVAL||60 Seconds||5 Minutes||5 Minutes||-|
|PUBLISHES VIA||from the display screen||remote monitoring hardware||remote monitoring hardware||via WeatherLinkIP or Data Logger|
|MANUFACTURER NETWORK||Ambient Weather Network||My AcuRite||My AcuRite||WeatherLink|
|AMAZON ALEXA GOOGLE HOME|
|ADD ON AVAILABLE TO PUBLISH TO INTERNET|
|MANUFACTURER||Ambient Weather||AcuRite||AcuRite||Davis Instruments|
|WEIGHT||4.4 pounds||6 pounds||6 pounds||6 pounds|
|WARRANTY||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE|
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Directions, Manuals, and User Guides
AcuRite 01012M Weather Station Videos
For more information on Personal Weather Stations, you can check out our pages below.
- Personal Weather Station Reviews.
- Personal Weather Stations the Publish to the Internet.
- Marine Rated Personal Weather Stations.
- Personal Weather Station Buying Guide.
- Using a Meteobridge with your Personal Weather Station.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Home Digital Assistants that connect to your personal weather Station.
- Connecting a Rachio Sprinkler System to your Personal Weather Station.
- Personal Weather Station Directions, Manuals, and User Guides.
- Connect a Personal Weather Station to Your Smart Home.
- All of Our Buying Guides.
- Directions, Manuals, and User Guides.
AcuRite 01012M Review
One of our top rated personal weather stations, with internet publishing and integration, just be aware you will need 15 lithium batteries which adds to the price.Average Price: $205.00
Quick Feature List
- 8 sensors, including: Outdoor Temperature, Indoor Temperature, Outdoor Humidity, Indoor Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Barometric Pressure, and Rainfall.
- Publishes Weather Data to the Internet
- IFTTT Compatible.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assisstant.
- 8.2" x6.7" x 2.7" LCD Color Theme Display.