AcuRite 01014M Overview
This model is best suited for someone who is looking to collect and publish weather data to the internet, is shopping on a budget, doesnât mind not having a display, but would like the ability to expand down the road. The Acurite 01014M weather station lets you collect weather data, and publish it to the the internet, to sites like Weather Underground or the companyâs own My AcuRite website. You can connect it to your Google Home or Amazon Alexa digital assistants. It can also connect to IFTTT allowing you to connect it to your smart home. Our biggest concern with this model is that it doesnât come with a display. If you donât mind having to open up your phone or computer this wonât be an issue. A big upside to this model is its ability to expand and grow, you can add up to 7 additional sensors, as many displays as you want, and even upgrade the solar collector. Models comparable to the AcuRite 01014M include the Ambient Weather WS-2902, Ambient Weather WS-0900-IP, and the AcuRite 01012M.
AcuRite 01014M Features
- Connectivity: Uses a 433 MHz RF transmitter that can transmit signals up to 330 Feet For Open Conditions 100 Feet Under Most Conditions.
- Sensors: Features 8 different sensors that measure: Outdoor Temperature, Indoor Temperature, Outdoor Humidity, Indoor Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Barometric Pressure, and Rainfall.
- Internet Publishing: Can publish weather data to the internet every 5 minutes Acurite Access. It can publish to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud, and My AcuRite.
- IFTTT Compatible: Can be integrated with IFTTT and your smart home.
- Home Assisstants: Can be connected to Amazon Alexa devices and Google Home Assisstant.
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Outdoor Sensor Array
The Outdoor Sensor Array has 5 sensors that measure outdoor temperature, outdoor humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and rainfall. The outdoor sensor array uses a 433 MHz RF transmitter to send data to the Acurite Access every 36 seconds. The unit measures 10.8" x5.6" x13.8", weighs approximately 6 pounds, and is mounted on a 1" to 2" inch pole
(not included). The sensor array is powered by a solar panel during the day and 4 AA Battieries at night. Lithium batteries are recommended, and have an expected lifespan of aproximately 1-2 years.
|Outdoor Temperature||-40Â° to 158Â° F||1Â°||+/- 2Â°F|
|Outdoor Humidity||1 to 99%||1%||+/- 5%|
|Wind Speed||0 to 99 mph||1 mph||+/- 5 mph|
|Wind Direction||0 to 360Â°||22.5Â°||+/- 11.5Â°|
|Rainfall||0 to 100 in.||0.01 in.||+/- 0.5 in.|
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Indoor Sensors
The AcuRite 01014M Weather Station has 3 indoor sensors that measure barometric pressure indoor temperature and humidity. The indoor sensors are a seperate sensor that requires 2 AA Battieries. The indoor sensor readings are updated every 60 seconds. You can add up to 7 additional sensors to this model.
|Barometer||10 to 33 inHg||0.01 inHg||+/- 0.1 inHg|
|Indoor Temperature||32Â° to 122Â° F||1Â°F||+/- 2Â°F|
|Indoor Humidity||1 to 99%||1%||+/- 5%|
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Internet Publishing & Digital Assisstants
The AcuRite 01014M WiFi Weather Station can be set up to publish weather data to the internet. Data is sent from the sensor array via a 433 MHz RF transmitter every 36 seconds to the Acurite Access, and is uploaded to the internet every 5 minutes. You can publish your weather data to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud, and My AcuRite. This model also has IFTTT integration, allowing you to set up triggers to make other events happen or to connect to your smart home. You can connect the AcuRite 01014M to an Amazon Alexa or Google Home Assisstant digital assisstant. This model cannot publish weather data to PWSWeather and WILL NOT connect to most Rachio sprinkler systems, for a list of which models can connect see our Rachio sprinkler system page.
AcuRite 01014M Amazon Alexa and Google Home Videos
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Display
This model does not come with a display.
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Additional Sensors and Upgrades
- AcuRite add-on temperature/humidity sensor ($15).
- AcuRite 06045M add-on Lightning/Temperature/Humidity Sensor ($20).
- AcuRite add-on color LCD display ($68).
- AcuRite solar collector upgrade ($35).
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Advantages and Disadvantages
ADVANTAGES: This model uses the AcuRite 06014 as itâs main sensor array. It has 4 built in sensors, has been used for years, and is both accurate, and durable. Thereâs an additional outdoor sensor that measures temperature and humidity, and an indoor sensor that measures temperature and humidity. The entire AcuRite line of weather stations can be expanded allowing you to add up to seven additional sensors. This model also allows you to publish to the internet, and is one of the lowest priced models with that functionality. Itâs slightly more expensive than the Ambient Weather WS-0900-IP, but it does offer the potential to expand with additional sensors and displays.
DISADVANTAGES: The biggest downside of this model is itâs lack of display, if you are going to be using your phone or computer to look at your data, this isnât an issue. If you do decide you want to add a display down the road, itâs an option, itâs just a little pricey at $68. Our second concern for this model is the Acurite Access which receives data from the sensors and sends it to the internet. It requires a direct ethernet cable connection to your router. If your router isnât close enough your weather station you may have connectivity issues. This may or may not be a problem for you.
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Comparison Table
|NUMBER OF SENSORS||8||10||8||8|
|MODEL NUMBER||ACURITE 01014M||AMBIENT WEATHER WS-2902||AMBIENT WEATHER WS-0900-IP||ACURITE 01012M|
|TRANSMITTER||433 MHz RF||915 MHz RF||915 MHz RF||433 MHz RF|
|SENSORS UPDATE INTERVAL||36 Seconds||16 Seconds||48 Seconds||36 Seconds|
|WEIGHT||6 pounds||4.4 pounds||3 pounds||6 pounds|
|MOUNTING||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)|
|DISPLAY TYPE||-||LCD Color Film||-||LCD Display|
|DISPLAY FRAME SIZE||-||7.50 x 4.50 x 0.75||-||8.2""x6.7""x 2.7""|
|DISPLAY LCD SIZE||-||6.75"" x 3.0""||-||5.0"" x 4.5""|
|COLLECTS WEATHER DATA|
|BATTERY POWER||-||3 AA Battieries||-||6 AA Battieries|
|PUBLISHES TO INTERNET|
|PUBLISH INTERVAL||5 Minutes||60 Seconds||48 Seconds||5 Minutes|
|PUBLISHES VIA||remote monitoring hardware||from the display screen||via the ObserverIP Module||remote monitoring hardware|
|MANUFACTURER NETWORK||My AcuRite||Ambient Weather Network||Ambient Weather Network||My AcuRite|
|AMAZON ALEXA GOOGLE HOME|
|ADD ON AVAILABLE TO PUBLISH TO INTERNET|
|MANUFACTURER||AcuRite||Ambient Weather||Ambient Weather||AcuRite|
|WEIGHT||6 pounds||4.4 pounds||3 pounds||6 pounds|
|WARRANTY||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE|
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Directions, Manuals, and User Guides
AcuRite 01014M Weather Station Videos
For more information on Personal Weather Stations, you can check out our pages below.
- Personal Weather Station Reviews.
- Personal Weather Stations the Publish to the Internet.
- Marine Rated Personal Weather Stations.
- Personal Weather Station Buying Guide.
- Using a Meteobridge with your Personal Weather Station.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Home Digital Assistants that connect to your personal weather Station.
- Connecting a Rachio Sprinkler System to your Personal Weather Station.
- Personal Weather Station Directions, Manuals, and User Guides.
- Connect a Personal Weather Station to Your Smart Home.
- All of Our Buying Guides.
- Directions, Manuals, and User Guides.
AcuRite 01014M Review
A value priced personal weather station, with built in internet publishing, with the ability to expand. This model uses 9 batteries which will add to the price.Average Price: $155.00
Quick Feature List
- 8 sensors, including: Outdoor Temperature, Indoor Temperature, Outdoor Humidity, Indoor Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Barometric Pressure, and Rainfall.
- Publishes Weather Data to the Internet
- IFTTT Compatible.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assisstant.
- No display with this model.
- 8 Different Weather Sensors
- No Display
- Expensive compared to other models
- Needs seperate data connection hardware
- Requires 9 batteries