Ambient Weather WS-1002 Overview
The Ambient Weather WS-1002 is best suited for someone who is looking for a fully featured personal weather station, that can publish weather data to the internet, but doesn't need a professional grade product, and isn't looking to add additional sensors. The Ambient Weather WS-1002 is one of our highest rated personal weather stations. It has 10 different sensors that can monitor the weather factors most people are looking for. It can publish to the most popular cloud-based weather services, interfaces with IFTTT, and Amazon Echo or Google Home digital assistant. It's TFT LCD display supports a wide range of viewing angles, something you won't find in other models. The price is a little high for this model compared to other models, but it is a solid dependable unit that will fill most people's needs. Models comparable to the Ambient Weather WS-1002 include the Ambient Weather WS-2902, AcuRite 01012M, and the Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue.
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Features
- Connectivity: Uses a 915 MHz RF transmitter that can transmit signals up to 300 Feet For Open Conditions 100 Feet Under Most Conditions.
- Sensors: Features 10 different sensors that measure: Outdoor Temperature, Indoor Temperature, Outdoor Humidity, Indoor Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Barometric Pressure, Rainfall, Solar Radiation, and UV Index.
- Display: Features a TFT LCD display that can display sensor readings in Farenheight and Celcius. Display is updated every 14 Seconds and offers Temperature, Humidity, Wind, and Rain alerts. Display measures 7.75" x 5.75" x 0.75" .
- Storm Alert: Has storm alert functionality.
- Internet Publishing: Can publish weather data to the internet every 14 seconds from the display screen. It can publish to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud, and Ambient Weather Network.
- IFTTT Compatible: Can be integrated with IFTTT and your smart home.
- Home Assisstants: Can be connected to Amazon Alexa devices and Google Home Assisstant.
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Outdoor Sensor Array
The Outdoor Sensor Array has 7 sensors that measure outdoor temperature, outdoor humidity, wind speed, wind direction, rainfall, solar radiation, and uv index. The outdoor sensor array uses a 915 MHz RF transmitter to send data to the display screen every 14 seconds. The unit measures 14" x12" x6", weighs approximately 4 pounds, and is mounted on a 1" to 2" inch pole
(not included). The sensor array is powered by a solar panel during the day and 3 AA Battieries at night. Lithium batteries are recommended, and have an expected lifespan of about 1-2 years.
|Outdoor Temperature||-40Â° to 149Â° F||0.1Â°F||+/- 2Â°F|
|Outdoor Humidity||10 to 99%||1%||+/- 5%|
|Wind Speed||0 to 100 mph||1.4 mph||+/- 2.2 mph|
|Wind Direction||0 to 360Â°||1Â°||+/- 10Â°|
|Rainfall||0 to 394 in.||0.01 in.||+/- 5%|
|0 to 400,000 Lux||1 Lux||+/- 15%|
|UV Index||0 to 15||1||+/- 1|
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Indoor Sensors
The Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station has 3 indoor sensors that measure barometric pressure indoor temperature and humidity. The indoor sensors are a seperate sensor that requires 2 AA Battieries. The indoor sensor readings are updated every 14 seconds. You cannot add additional indoor sensors to this unit, there is a workaround to add additional sensors to Ambient Weather Stations.
|Barometer||8.85 to 32.50 inHg||0.01 inHg||+/- 0.08 inHg|
|Indoor Temperature||32Â° to 140Â° F||0.1Â°F||+/- 2Â°F|
|Indoor Humidity||10 to 99%||1%||+/- 5%|
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Internet Publishing & Digital Assisstants
The Ambient Weather WS-1002-WiFi Weather Station can be set up to publish weather data to the internet. You can also add a Weatherbridge or an ObserverIP/Meteobridge setup and connect to wider choice of weather websites to upload your data to. If you upload your weather data to PWSWeather you can connect your weather station to your Rachio sprinkler system. Data is sent from the sensor array via a 915 MHz RF transmitter every 14 seconds to the display screen, and is uploaded to the internet every 14 seconds. You can publish your weather data to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud, and Ambient Weather Network. This model also has IFTTT integration, allowing you to set up triggers to make other events happen or to connect to your smart home. You can connect the Ambient Weather WS-1002 to an Amazon Alexa or Google Home Assisstant digital assisstant.
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Display
This model comes with one TFT LCD display screen that displays weather data in from the sensor array in Farenheight and Celcius. The display is required to gather data from the outdoor sensors. The display frame is 7.75" x 5.75" x 0.75" and the viewable screen is 6.25" x 3.5". It can be mounted on a wall, or it can sit on a desktop. It uses AC power only. Additional displays can be purchased from from Amazon.com for $187.
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Additional Sensors and Upgrades
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Advantages and Disadvantages
ADVANTAGES: The Ambient Weather WS-1002 is the latest version of the WS-1000 series personal weather stations. The design has been in use for years and has demonstrated it is both accurate and durable. With it's 10 different sensors it will fill most people's needs. With internet publishing, IFTTT, digital assistant integration it's on the leading edge of what can be done with a personal weather station.
DISADVANTAGES: Our biggest complaint with this model is the price, the Ambient Weather WS-2902 has a nearly identical sensor array, for a 40% lower price. The display on this model is nicer, but we don't think it justifies the additional expense. You can't add any additional sensors and, adding a second display is expensive.
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Comparison Table
|NUMBER OF SENSORS||10||10||8|
|MODEL NUMBER||AMBIENT WEATHER WS-2902||AMBIENT WEATHER WS-1002||DAVIS INSTRUMENTS 6250|
|TRANSMITTER||915 MHz RF||915 MHz RF||RF|
|SENSORS UPDATE INTERVAL||16 Seconds||14 Seconds||2.5 seconds|
|WEIGHT||4.4 pounds||4 pounds||6 pounds|
|MOUNTING||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)||Mounted on a 1"" to 2"" inch pole (Not Included)|
|DISPLAY TYPE||LCD Color Film||TFT LCD||LCD Display|
|DISPLAY FRAME SIZE||7.50 x 4.50 x 0.75||7.75"" x 5.75"" x 0.75""||8.0""x8.0""x8.0|
|DISPLAY LCD SIZE||6.75"" x 3.0""||6.25"" x 3.5""||4.13: x 3.0""|
|COLLECTS WEATHER DATA|
|BATTERY POWER||3 AA Battieries||-||3 C Batteries|
|PUBLISHES TO INTERNET|
|PUBLISH INTERVAL||60 Seconds||14 Seconds||-|
|PUBLISHES VIA||from the display screen||display screen||via WeatherLinkIP or Data Logger|
|MANUFACTURER NETWORK||Ambient Weather Network||Ambient Weather Network||WeatherLink|
|AMAZON ALEXA GOOGLE HOME|
|ADD ON AVAILABLE TO PUBLISH TO INTERNET|
|MANUFACTURER||Ambient Weather||Ambient Weather||Davis Instruments|
|WEIGHT||4.4 pounds||4 pounds||6 pounds|
|WARRANTY||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE|
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Directions, Manuals, and User Guides
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Weather Station Videos
For more information on Personal Weather Stations, you can check out our pages below.
- Personal Weather Station Reviews.
- Personal Weather Stations the Publish to the Internet.
- Marine Rated Personal Weather Stations.
- Personal Weather Station Buying Guide.
- Using a Meteobridge with your Personal Weather Station.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Home Digital Assistants that connect to your personal weather Station.
- Connecting a Rachio Sprinkler System to your Personal Weather Station.
- Personal Weather Station Directions, Manuals, and User Guides.
- Connect a Personal Weather Station to Your Smart Home.
- All of Our Buying Guides.
- Directions, Manuals, and User Guides.
Ambient Weather WS-1002 Review
A highly functional and dependable personal weather station with a wide range of sensors and with most of the features that people are looking for.Average Price: $319.00
Quick Feature List
- 10 sensors, including: Outdoor Temperature, Indoor Temperature, Outdoor Humidity, Indoor Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Barometric Pressure, Rainfall, Solar Radiation, and UV Index.
- Publishes Weather Data to the Internet
- IFTTT Compatible.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assisstant.
- 7.75" x 5.75" x 0.75" TFT LCD.